XMM-Newton Science Analysis System
lcplot (lcplot-1.19.1) [xmmsas_20080701_1801-8.0.0]
Meta Index / Home Page
only produces plots of light curves measured by EPIC or OM. We note that no RGS Source Time Series FITS file is specified in .
- Error rates are rebinned following a quadratic scheme (Central limit theorem).
- Time intervals all have the same length, the first one is
TSTART , TSTART + Binsize*TIMEDEL where TIMEDEL is
the bin width read from the file .
- We note in  that the keyword TIMEDEL is
specified in MJD. We have assumed it to be given in seconds.
- Time on the X-axis is given as T-TSTART in seconds.
- The mean, variance, Chi Square, etc are provided with six significant digits.
- A Chi Square statistic close to the bin number and a small Kolmogorov-Smirnov statistic with probabilities higher than 0.01 indicate that the source is not variable.
- The output devices are those of the PGPLOT library. The device list is governed by the drivers available to PGPLOT.
XMM-Newton SOC/SSC -- 2008-07-01