THE MAGNETIC CONJUGATION CONCEPTION
- In order to provide the INTERBALL mission coordinations with
others simultaneous Interagency Space Physics missions IKI Satellite Situation
Center provids the predictions of the magnetic conjugations
between variouse couples of the satellites.
- Now INTERBALL TAIL PROBE, INTERBALL AURORAL PROBE (or Magion 5),
POLAR (NASA),GEOTAIL (NASA/ISAS) orbits are considered.
- The initial orbital parameters for the INTERBALL orbits
are provided by the KIAM
- The initial orbital parameters for POLAR and GEOTAIL are
available via the IACG
(InterAgency Cosultative Group) WEB site
- For each month separatly the simulative magnetic conjugations of 4
satellites with each other are calculated
- The magnetic conjugation of any couple of the satellites are
selected as soon as its footprints geocentric angular distance is
less then 5 deg.
- The Tsyganenko 87 (KP = 2) + IGRF magnetic field model are
used during magnetic mapping.
- For each couple of satellite the results are presented as a numerical
file and as a plot.
- The reference to the numerical file description.
- The reference to the plot description
of the magnetic conjugation's time distribution.
- The reference to the models of
the magnetospheric regions and boundaries .
Dr. Victoria Prokhorenko
Modified 17 June 1999